The Chances Just Got Worse

Scroll down a little and you’ll see I just wrote a tease about converting a Canon FD lens to Nikon F mount and I said I’d link to it when the project was done. Well the odds of me remembering to put that link just fell a little, because now I’ve got another FD project lens. I was given an oily-bladed 100mm f/2.8 for zero dollars because of the material condition: the iris is STUCK open it’s so oily. It was also partly disassembled (from the wrong end) probably by the previous owner trying to clean it, so I was in there and know that the iris is present, it just won’t stop-down.

So: I’m going to document that disassembly/cleaning process also. Stay tuned – I’ll try to remember both these teaser postings when the projects are done.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s