My company uses Spark for intra-office instant messenging for most communications. I added another monitor to my workstation and the contact list (a.k.a. the Main Window) was invisible. This happened with Pidgin too sometimes* but the fix was different. This is *the* way to get your Spark window to show back up again.
In the System Tray area, right click the Spark icon and select Hide to see if it pops up. If it doesn’t, select Hide again to un-hide it. Still missing? Log out of Spark. Close the Spark program altogether. The next steps may need help from an authorized systems administrator if your permissions are set for highest security. Note that this is for Windows 7, and the exact steps will vary on different operating systems.
- Press the Start button.
- In the search field, type %appdata% and hit the Enter key. This will bring up a Windows Explorer window with your user profiles AppData folder. N.B.: you can seriously mess up your computer in possibly un-fixable ways by dickering around in AppData so be careful!
- If that doesn’t work, you *may* be out of luck because AppData is a special, hidden folder. If you don’t know how to get there otherwise please do yourself a favor and contact someone who does!
- Navigate to \Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Spark
- Open layout.settings in Notepad
- look at the mainWindowY and mainWindowX values and adjust them if they are out of bounds.
- Setting both values to 0 will reset the position to a position that’s hopefully somewhere onscreen.
- Reset and log in to Spark
- IF this worked, you can see the Main Window again.
Good luck! I had to search for what seemed to me an unreasonable amount of time before I found this piece of advice here:https://community.igniterealtime.org/thread/51449 so I decided to post it somewhere else in hopes you might find it a little easier.
*Pidgin was the program we used to use, and which I liked better because you can send inline images with Pidgin but not Spark 😡 but they changed it so oh well