They don’t exist.
Hold on there.
In the current era, I understand that this is a source of no small contention. People have varying ideas based on varying first principles. This essay is based on my first principles. The following thoughts are an integral part of the worldview of anyone whose truly believes what their Bible has to say. This is, all, sincerely held religious conviction for us.
- Created space, time, the rules of physics, and the Earth
- Made men and women, living souls, fully formed as we are now, a few days later
- Formed man to reflect his image, in possession of the capacity to reason and be self-aware, unlike the animals which have clever programming at best
- Wants everything to be orderly, and is not the author of confusion
- Wants people to have full joy
- Can be grieved by the actions of men
- Created a powerful entity as a servant, which turned against Him in rebellion. Historically referred to by the Hebrew word for “adversary”: Satan (which is adversarial to people)
- Wants people to have fellowship with Himself
- Considers perversion of his design to be abominable, including sexual perversion
All of these points are integral parts of the Christian worldview, and they exclude the possibility of transgenderism. These stand in stark contrast to the prevailing secular view taken by an increasing number of people and governments which in misguided attempts at equality (professing themselves to be wise they became fools) have chosen to exclude biblical principles from everything. Absent the guidance of the Bible which, properly considered, will yield a worldview which is logical, internally consistent, and comports perfectly with observed reality – men have come up with a system of philosophy that cannot find pure truth from end to end, top to bottom, including:
- There is no God or He didn’t make things like they are now
- Big bang or other cop-out origins theories
- Men evolved from particles to people, guided by nothing
- As we evolved from nothing there is no fixed standard of propriety, and
- Pretty much every aspect of philosophy is an open question so
So the adversary they refuse to acknowledge even exists has 100% bamboozled people.
Where does the concept of transgenderism originate, according to the Christian point of view? It is, entirely, literally, a lie from the devil. Now be advised this is a finely nuanced point, however cliche is may seem at first blush.
I am aware that trans-identifying people may consider this to be a personal attack. They are mistaken. That we disagree about philosophy is not an attack on the person whose identity is bound up in their own misguided worldview! It is a difference of first principles, which if someone is offended at, they probably don’t understand that people are not ideas, they are people, no matter what they believe. As such, they are limited by reality.
The Bible defines reality for a Christian. People then are entirely confined to “male and female created he them” and “God is not the author of confusion.”
okay VFD this is all fun but not directly addressing the topic.
The topic has been covered in detail! Take the Bible for granted and my argument has been presented thoroughly already here!
God created male and female for the purpose of filling the Earth He had just made. Homosex can’t do it. Sterile, chopped-up mutilated neo-vaginae & penii can’t do it. These are an ultimate perversion of the design and the actions involved are (Q.E.D.) abominable to God and forbidden either in black-and-white or by heavy inference.
It is plain to see from the Bible that some gender roles are flexible in a way that gender is not. Some godly women have done man-ish things but remained women. There is no biblical distinction between gender and sex for humans. These are synonyms.
But. There is an adversary, the author of confusion. This one wants people unhappy, and wants people to NOT fulfil God’s command to “be fruitful and multiply“.
The recent origin of the current confusion and unhappiness, then, is easily identified: The Devil made them do it. With no protection from the Holy Spirit in their lives, foolish thoughts can be farmed like a cash crop in the souls of the unregenerate! Now a bumper crop is being reaped, even while the field is re-sown with worse seed.
The progress went something like this:
- Reject God or some aspect of God you don’t like
- Reject the Bible
- Biblical standards are not binding
- Sexual rules are arbitrary
- it’s ok to have MSM & WSW sex
- Intersex attraction is arbitrary
- Sex itself is arbitrary, anything goes
- Why are sex and gender even linked? That’s dumb
- Sex and gender are not synonyms
- If you feel like you got assigned the wrong gender you aren’t crazy, you are right
- It’s normal for some people to not be a fixed or assigned gender
- Obvious solution: gender reassignment!
And here we are, in 2020 USA and all over the world. People without a Biblical worldview will agree with that progression. But there’s a catch.
They are all wrong.
This worldview fails to account for the truth of the matter: The farther people stray from the design of God (who, remembver, wants us to be happy) the less happy we become. Pure biblical Christianity brings joy. Go look at how much joy there is in the transgender community. The adjective “toxic” is commonly applied – by the more sane members the same community who are not beyond all feeling. I have seen several first-hand reports from as well as heard in personal conversation with transgender-identifying persons, that the community is shockingly bad, with trans people being deeply unhappy.
All of this, doubtless, has the adversary rolling in the aisles laughing. Having planted this confusion, the one who hates these people rejoices in their suffering.
ok but they exist.
No, they don’t. It’s a lie. Gender is the same as sex, and immutable. The reason suicide rates are the same post-transition is that it’s not a cure, because you can’t change gender. People know this in a very deep subconscious place but they can’t sort it. ‘If I am this way then it’s the way I am and it’s ok, but it’s not ok? The more accepting society becomes, I don’t feel less internal conflict, why?’
Because it is fake. The very idea is contrary to human nature. your perceived identity is contrary to itself – no wonder you have no joy! Gender cannot be changed because it is an immutable part of the self. You are what you were born with.*
- So you are not transgendered
- You are confused
- Having been given a strong delusion by a being that can inject thoughts into your mind, who hates you
There is hope for you to be happy, but that path starts with accepting an entire reality you have heretofore rejected.
* don’t bring a red herring about actual genetic mutation type intersex people. These are 0.00nothing percent of the population. You’re not that, and you know it. We’re talking about people who self-identified as something contrary to their plain biological sex.